Saturday, July 18, 2009

Funny how things can change...

Well on thursday I emailed the Chef with my concerns and when I got to work we had a meeting about it all. He gave me sound advice on how to deal with the asshole and told me I was aloud to put him in his place if he got out of hand with his comments. Just that made me feel a whole lot better. Chef gave me an evaluation too which was really good in my opinion. He also said I was expected to make mistakes so not to worry about it to much and just go ahead and cook. Which is what I did yesterday and it went great! I was alone and we got a bit busy...not crazy and I took care of it all, with little help. AWESOME! I'm not gonna kid myself though...it's not going to be like that all the time but I know Chef likes my work ethic and just wants me to get some practice and we will be fine. I am happy about that and it's making me like my job even more since my confidence is building. The funny thing is that the moment I feel ok to do the line alone will be when they start cutting hours I'm sure. I don't know exactly how it works over the winter but I'm hoping to get a few shifts over the winter so I don't lose it....here I am already thinking of next summer.


Ha...I finally found what men think about!


found here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're back in your confident self, it makes all the difference, one day soon you wont need anyone else to feel confident it will come from inside, lov you girl mom