Tuesday, July 21, 2009

sun + day off = happy happy izze!


Ahhh...my feet are up, I'm having my timmy's coffee and my pooch is sleeping close and my hubby is in the shower....life is good! I got up early this morning...well, 8 this morning and then went to the park with Pearl for an hour and came home and took a nap on the couch. Nice! It feels really good to do that when you are tired from a long week at work and have no pressing things to do. I will mow my lawn later...my friend Cat will come by and we will chat and giggle for an hour or so and then I prepare a faboush meal for my hubby. I think I will do cornish hen tonight. I've been cooking it all week at the restaurant and it really looks good...like baby chicken(sorry to all vegetarians and vegans but I love my meat). Apps will be deep-fried brie served with an onion compote and warm baguette. Like I said...cornish hen, I'm thinking with a wild rice stuffing(served on the side) and a Shiraz-demi glace sauce. For a veg I'm not sure yet...will see whats nice at the market and then decide. Yummers!

I worked a bit with my "frenemy" yesterday. What a two-faced person...that's all I'm saying about him since he does not deserve more attention. I was ALONE on the line all week this week...it's was challenging and at times un-nerving but I got through it and I obviously did well because my sous-chef asked me if I wanted to put a recipe on the menu. I feel very happy about that...I've come up with a couple of recipes that could be interesting...we'll just have to wait and see.



I've acheived my 5 months of not smoking...Feb 18th was my quit day...Have had many desires to smoke but did not. I'm very happy for that but I did gain a bit of weight but its ok. I feel so much better and less stressed and nervous that right now the extra weight just makes me giggle. I'm sure it will be a struggle for some time but I've gone this far and have had some stressful moments and I got through them without a cigarette. WOOHOO ME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are we dumb enough to find this good and relaxing,we can't even say we are like sheeps following because I don't think sheeps would touch the stuff, good for you it's behind you girl Bye lov mom